Nice to meet you!
Are you ready to leave your mark on the world? Because we are the global leading supplier of end-to-end open monitoring and orchestration software for ICT, media and broadband platforms. Basically, our software platform—called DataMiner—makes sure that you can order your products online, watch the latest episode of your favorite show, or call your friends whenever you need them.
We’re looking for a Junior Product Manager
As a Junior Product Manager, you will define and bring to market groundbreaking solutions built upon our best-of-breed DataMiner NMS/OSS platform. Pushing the boundaries of innovation, you will have the opportunity to work together with industry-leading customers on a global scale, as well as with our own extraordinary dev teams and the largest technology providers in the telecom industry. After an in-depth training period, you’ll gradually define and launch solutions on the market.
DataMiner is deployed by 1500 companies in over 125 countries worldwide.
A glimpse of.your [future]
Transparency is a key value here at Skyline. So let's forget about empty job titles or colorful descriptions for a moment and take a look at what you'd actually be doing here.
- You will maintain and continuously extend your technology and solutions expertise.
- You will create innovative solutions that help customers to become more successful in what they do.
- You will take ownership of a product launch in all its aspects.
- You will actively work with our sales teams, agile deploy squads, create squads, technology partners and end-users to come up with a best-of-breed operational system on DataMiner.
- You will define the best possible ways to manage complex telecom infrastructures, including operational views (visuals), workflows and automation, but also integrations with third-party products and systems.
- You will train your colleagues, our channel partners and customers in the use of your solutions.
- You will participate in industry-standard organizations and technical focus groups.
- You will report to the head of Product Marketing.
What skills.do you require?
No doubt you know your way around the tech industry. But let's dig a bit deeper into the various technical skills you'll need to get started as a Junior Product Manager.
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools, including MS Visio
- Familiar with software programming and scripting, or you are willing to learn this
- A good understanding of IP networking, virtualization and cloud, UX management or digital transformation solutions is a plus
- A good understanding of telecom networks and technology is a plus (telco, mobile, fiber, cable, satellite, broadcast)
You'll be working in a highly technical environment prone to constant change and evolution. On top of that, you'll have to collaborate with a great many (marvelous) people. All very exciting! But it also calls for a special kind of mind- and skillset.
- You have a strong desire to learn all about technology, in particular Software-Defined Networking (SDN), data center and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and multi-cloud deployments, UX management, and digital transformation (BPM).
- You have a hands-on can-do attitude.
- You are analytical and have excellent architectural insight into software systems.
- You take pride in creating a solution with the highest level of accuracy and detail.
- You can motivate and inspire your colleagues to help you achieve your objectives.
- You are eager to learn and use all ins and outs of DataMiner.
- You enjoy engaging with users, ecosystem partners and colleagues.
- You like to travel up to 10% of your time and meet with people.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in telecom or ICT, or equivalent in any relevant field.