Nice to meet you!
Are you ready to leave your mark on the world? Because we are the global leading supplier of end-to-end open monitoring and orchestration software for ICT, media and broadband platforms. Basically, our software platform—called DataMiner—makes sure that you can order your products online, watch the latest episode of your favorite show, or call your friends whenever you need them.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer
As a Technical Writer, you will write release notes, user guides, and various other kinds of texts related to our complex network management technology. You will also assist our Marketing team to create marketing copy, such as brochures and press releases.
DataMiner is deployed by 1500 companies in over 125 countries worldwide.
A glimpse of.your [future]
Transparency is a key value here at Skyline. So let's forget about empty job titles or colorful descriptions for a moment and take a look at what you'd actually be doing here.
- You will write various kinds of highly technical texts related to our network management technology, including release notes, user guides, etc.
- You will correct and enhance various documentation written by subject matter experts, including technical guides, presentations, etc.
- You will write attractive marketing copy, including web copy, solution guides, brochures, press releases, etc.
- You will adapt written texts to target audiences and ensure that technical concepts are accessible for all readers.
- You will help the company maintain a high standard of written English through diligent proofreading.
What skills.do you require?
No doubt you know your way around all kinds of texts. But let's dig a bit deeper into the various technical skills you'll need to get started as a Technical Writer.
- Perfect English grammar and spelling.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to write perfectly in Dutch as well is a plus.
- Knowledge of other text editors, such as Adobe FrameMaker or InDesign, is a plus
- Proficiency with new media-related technologies for web publishing, blogging, podcasting etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of telecommunication networks and/or the software business in general is a plus
You'll be working in a highly technical environment prone to constant change and evolution. On top of that, you'll have to collaborate with a great many (marvelous) people. All very exciting! But it also calls for a special kind of mind- and skillset.
- You can write impeccable English.
- You are a confident writer, and you can research, understand and structure complex information.
- You have strong analytical skills and insight in technology.
- You have the flexibility to adapt your writing style to various channels and audiences.
- You are communicative and work well in a team.
- You are detail-oriented and work well under pressure.
- You have a master's degree in English, or equivalent through experience.