Nice to meet you!
Are you ready to leave your mark on the world? Because we are the global leading supplier of end-to-end open monitoring and orchestration software for ICT, media and broadband platforms. Basically, our software platform—called DataMiner—makes sure that you can order your products online, watch the latest episode of your favorite show, or call your friends whenever you need them.
We’re looking for a Software System Developer
As a Software System Developer, you will be joining a squad of talented engineers in an agile environment. The software you’ll be developing interacts with thousands of different systems and is deployed by leading broadcast and telecom companies around the world. You’ll be building links between users and products, with the objective to orchestrate complex technological ecosystems more easily and intuitively than ever before.
DataMiner is deployed by 1500 companies in over 125 countries worldwide.
A glimpse of.your [future]
Transparency is a key value here at Skyline. So let's forget about empty job titles or colorful descriptions for a moment and take a look at what you'd actually be doing here.
- You will develop back-end applications for high-performance system integrations.
- You will develop front-end visuals for specific system integrations.
- You will work together with squad members to analyze client needs and provide first-class solutions, prioritizing customers' requirements.
- You will become a specialist in one or more products or in a particular technology domain, depending on your personal interests and capabilities.
- You will grow as a technological expert and share your knowledge by coaching, training and teaching.
- You will apply agile practices and benefit from its iterative approach by striving towards Minimum Viable Products (MVP).
What skills.do you require?
No doubt you know your way around code. But let's dig a bit deeper into the various technical skills you'll need to get started as a Software System Developer.
- Good knowledge of C# and .Net Framework
- Experience with markup languages (e.g. XML)
- Knowledge of communication protocols in general, such as SNMP, HTTP or serial
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, multithreading, Web Services (REST, SOAP), and JSON is a definite plus
- Knowledge of databasing (e.g. MySQL, Apache Cassandra) and Microsoft Visio could be an extra asset
- Basic familiarity with the telecom and broadcast industry is a plus (e.g. HFC broadband, IPTV, broadcast, cable, satellite systems, …)
You'll be working in a highly technical environment prone to constant change and evolution. On top of that, you'll have to collaborate with a great many (marvelous) people. All very exciting! But it also calls for a special kind of mind- and skillset.
- You are a fast learner with a great passion for software product integration.
- You are eager to understand how complex devices and systems operate in telecom and broadcast industries, among others.
- You have an eye for detail with the ability to capture all corner cases and to deliver high-quality results.
- You can adapt very quickly and enjoy digging beneath the surface to understand how things work.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You have a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree in ICT, Software and/or Telecom.
Software System DeveloperLEVEL
all levelsWORK FROM